While curating a list of the top hair trends for 2018, a funny “Ah-Ha” moment happened: Aside from the return of the scrunchie (true!) it seems 2018 belongs to the letter “B!” By that, we mean blunt cuts, bobs, bangs, braids, blonde, barrettes, bobby pins, even big, bold volume and accessories. And if you’re a Baby Boomer, you may find yourself newly inspired by some of those “old school” styles from family photo albums! It’s all so beautiful to behold, as you can see from some of our recent happy client photos.
If you’re thinking of updating your style for 2018, we’ve curated a list of some of the top trends fashion experts are predicting for the months ahead, and we have to admit, we’re excited! Most of the looks are classic. We’re seeing everything from the return of the blunt bob to big, voluminous curls. In some cases, a no-fuss update can happen with the quick flip of the curling iron, or simply by adding a bold accessory. And bangs are back, big time! (There, you see, those “B” words again!)
Here’s a look at what to expect:
- Very blunt cuts, reminiscent of the 1990s.
- Choppy, messy bangs.
- Curls, natural or permed.
- Braids, braids and more braids! Any kind, any style.
- Ends rolled under or flipped out.
- Soft, platinum colour that is darker at the roots (dubbed “Nirvana Blonde”).
- If you’ve got natural curls or texture, flaunt it! Ask your stylist to suggest products that will help with volume.
- The scrunchie has returned! Think ponytails softly gathered at the nape with luxurious fabrics like velvet or silk.
- Barrettes and bobby pins.
- Oversized, colourful acrylic accessories.