Are you tired of complaining about your naturally curly hair? Or maybe you wish that’s what it was, instead of naturally frizzy.
Do you feel it’s high time to simply take the plunge and fall in love with your curls?
Or maybe you love curls so much that you have a perm, and you want to know how to keep your luscious locks looking their salon-best.
What’s the secret? Simple maintenance and a little product.
You can do this! Here’s how:
5 TIPS to help you LOVE YOUR CURLS
- Hydrate “If the hair is hydrated, it doesn’t frizz,” says Nina Katehos, artistic director at The Hair Gallery.
- Don’t over-wash your hair. Let the natural oils of your own hair help with curl management. Try washing every three to four days.
- Trim regularly. Naturally curly hair should be trimmed every 8 to 10 weeks, while permed locks should be maintained every 6 – 8 weeks.
- Try a hair mask. Another great way to help hydrate your curls is with regular hair mask treatments. Talk to your stylist about this at your next appointment.
- Get Curvaceous. Redken’s Curvaceous line offers several products for curly-haired manes that will help control or enhance curl. These products are specifically formulated to bring out the best in every curl. Your Hair Gallery stylist can help you custom fit the products that are just right for your beautiful curls, whether they need more moisture, strength, manageability, frizz control and/or shine.