Here are some of the latest gallery snapshots of our happy clients. This past month we have been creating a lot of beautiful colour transformations and free-hand balayage, and the response has been fantastic.
6 Seasonal Tips for Healthy Spring Hair
While we wait for the weather to catch up with the season, here are some great tips to awaken and refresh your potentially tired winter hair, to make it look and feel as soft and new as those spring blossoms we know are just around the corner:
- Protect it – Give your scalp a deep, fortifying clean to get rid of build-up, then use a scalp treatment to hydrate and refresh.
- Mask it – Use a hair mask once or twice per week after washing, to help eradicate the dull, flat, brittle, dry hair that we are often left with after winter. When styling afterwards, use a low heat setting so the treatment will be more effective.
- Trim it – Get a trim to remove dry, split ends.
- Shine it – Ask your stylist for a keratin treatment to boost shine that will last for several weeks.
- Lighten it – If you’ve been thinking about it, spring is the time! You don’t need to go all-out blonde, and in fact, proper lightening takes time and patience, in order to protect your hair’s integrity. Even if you are a brunette, adding some carefully blended highlights gives your mane a gorgeous, light-reflective lift. Start with a slightly lighter shade and let the sun add some of its own natural lighting effects, or try some beautiful free-handed balayage.
- Change it – Your shampoo formula, that is. Ask your stylist for their advice on switching from an extra moisturizing shampoo to one for “normal” hair, as the more humid spring air comes into play. If you’re blessed with curls, you’re in for a great treat! The CHI Smoothing System is a revolutionary humidity-fighting product that reduces frizz by 95% while adding amazing shine, and it’s available now at The Hair Gallery.*